Tennessee Pharmacists Association (TPA) Awards
Celebrating Excellence in Patient Care and the Profession of Pharmacy
Please submit your award nominations by MARCH 1, 2021!
There are so many deserving pharmacists, pharmacy professionals, and supporting organizations in Tennessee, but it takes YOU to nominate them!
TPA invites any pharmacist, pharmacy professional, or friend of pharmacy to nominate any eligible TPA member or entity for the awards. This year’s award recipients will be recognized at the TPA Summer Meeting, June 17-20, 2021!
Please carefully read the criteria for each award prior to submitting your nomination. Submit your nomination(s) by clicking on the “Submit a Nomination” link under each award/description.
|Click here for information about TSHP or TSSP Awards!|
Individuals who previously nominated professionals or practices that were not selected as award winners are encouraged to re-submit their nomination(s) through this process for consideration in 2021. Please follow the steps to submit your nominee(s), and be sure to include information about why the nominee(s) are deserving of the award(s), as well as any updated information regarding their qualifications.
Any additional information which may assist the Awards Committee in fully and fairly considering all nominees will be appreciated. Awards are not granted based on the number of nominations received for a specific individual or entity. An individual or entity need only be nominated once through this process, to be fully considered by the TPA Awards Committee for a 2021 award.
|TPA is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for pharmacists, student pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and other pharmacy professionals. TPA and all of its wholly-owned subsidiaries are proud to provide equal membership, employment, and volunteer service opportunities to all eligible persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or mental or physical challenges.|
- Bowl of Hygeia Award
- Tom C. Sharp Pharmacist of the Year Award
- Excellence in Innovation Award
- Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award
- Herman Lubin Sales Representative of the Year Award
- Partner in Excellence Award
TPA AWARD DESCRIPTIONS AND NOMINATION LINKS
Bowl of Hygeia Award Sponsored by the American Pharmacists Association Foundation and the National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations (NASPA) and administered by NASPA. Submit a Nomination
Established in 1958, the Bowl of Hygeia Award recognizes pharmacists who possess outstanding records of civic leadership in their communities. In addition to service through their local, state, and national pharmacy associations, award recipients devote their time, talent, and resources to a wide variety of causes and community service.
- The recipient must be a pharmacist, licensed, and a member of the Association.
- The recipient must be living. Awards are not presented posthumously.
- The recipient has not been a previous recipient of the award.
- The recipient is not currently serving nor has he/she served within the immediate past two years as an officer of the Association in other than an ex-officio capacity.
- The recipient has compiled an outstanding record of community service, which, apart from his/her specific identification as a pharmacist, reflects well on the profession.
Tom C. Sharp Pharmacist of the Year Award Sponsored by the Tennessee Pharmacists Association in honor of Tom C. Sharp, Sr. and Jr.Submit a Nomination
The Pharmacist of the Year Award was instituted in 1958 to provide recognition to a member of the Association who has distinguished the profession. In 1965, following the death of Tom C. Sharp, Sr., who had served as the Association’s Executive Director for 30 years, the award was presented in his honor and has since borne his name. In 2001, the Award was re-named to also honor the service of Tom C. Sharp, Jr., who served as Executive Director for 30 years as well.
Excellence in Innovation AwardSponsored by Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc. Submit a Nomination
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc., sponsors this award to recognize qualified pharmacists who have demonstrated significant innovation in their practice, method, or service, directly or indirectly resulting in improved patient care and/or advancement of the profession of pharmacy.
- The recipient has demonstrated innovative primacy practice resulting in improved patient care.
- The recipient must be a practicing pharmacist, licensed in Tennessee.
- The recipient must be a member of TPA.
Distinguished Young Pharmacist AwardSponsored by Pharmacists Mutual Submit a Nomination
Pharmacists Mutual presents the “Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award” at TPA’s Annual Convention. This award was initiated by Marion Laboratories in conjunction with TPA in 1987 to encourage newer pharmacists to participate in Association and community activities and to annually recognize one such person in the state for involvement and dedication to the practice of pharmacy.
- Degree in Pharmacy received within the last 10 years (2009 graduation date or later);
- Licensed and in good standing to practice in state Association;
- Current membership and participation in the state pharmacy association;
- Participate in national pharmacy associations, professional programs, and/or community service.
Herman Lubin Sales Representative of the Year AwardSponsored by the Tennessee Pharmacists Association in honor of Herman Lubin Submit a Nomination
Presented for the first time in 1975, this award is given annually in memory of the late Herman Lubin, Memphis pharmacist and 1973 TPA President. It recognizes outstanding service to pharmacists and the profession of pharmacy.
Partner in Excellence AwardSponsored by the Tennessee Pharmacists Association Submit a Nomination
Created in 2015, the TPA Partner in Excellence Award provides visible recognition to an organization, association, or other entity that has worked closely with the TPA to:
- Improve patient outcomes;
- Promote patient safety;
- Increase the quality of care within the health care system;
- Elevate the standards of pharmacist-provided patient care.