TPA Executive Fellowship in Association Management
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 1, 2022
The Tennessee Pharmacists Association Executive Fellowship in Association Management is a postgraduate training program conducted at the Tennessee Pharmacists Association headquarters under the direction of the Executive Director and TPA staff.
The purpose of this executive fellowship is to support the development of individuals interested in association management through training and experience in leadership, advocacy, professional affairs, and problem-solving at the Tennessee Pharmacists Association.
Program Structure & Activities
- 12 months, starting July 1st through June 30th
- Six-week orientation period to familiarize with general operations
- Fellow will be expected to attend and participate in the TPA Board of Directors Strategic Planning Meeting, which typically occurs in September
- Fellow will participate in at least one meeting of each Society and every Board of Directors meeting
- 100% of health insurance premium
- Travel/meeting support
- 2 weeks vacation
- Membership in the Tennessee Pharmacists Association
Special Requirements for Acceptance
PharmD from ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy, pharmacist licensure in Tennessee, and background check.
Selection of the Applicant
Incomplete applications will not be considered. After review of complete applications and interviews with selected applicants, all applicants will be notified of the association’s final decision promptly.
A complete application includes:
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum vitae
- Written response to application questions:
- In less than 400 words, please provide an overview of why you are applying for this Fellowship and how you plan to utilize the experience in your future career.
- In less than 400 words, what personal strengths and experiences would you bring to the Tennessee Pharmacists Association? Include a description of your professional and/or community achievements and future goals.
- In less than 400 words, in your opinion, what are the most important issues facing the profession of pharmacy in your state and nationally?
- Three letters of recommendation
Submit your official application to TPA@TNPharm.org with the subject: TPA Fellow Application – YOUR NAME. Letters of recommendation may be sent directly to TPA@TNPharm.org or mailed to the Tennessee Pharmacists Association, 1732 Lebanon Pike Circle, Nashville, TN 37210.
Past Executive Fellows
- 2019-2021: Alec Sain, PharmD
- First position after fellowship/Current position: Consultant Pharmacist, RHS Ventures, LLC
- 2016-2017: Aaron Garst, PharmD
- First position after fellowship/Current position: Consultant Pharmacist, Seamless Healthcare, PLLC
- 2014-2015: Lucy Shell, PharmD
- First position after fellowship/Current position: Director of Pharmacy Practice Initiatives, Tennessee Pharmacists Association
- 2013-2014: Stacey Grant, PharmD
- First position after fellowship: Pharmacist, Blount Discount Pharmacy
- Current position: Director Project Management, Thrive – An Exact Sciences Company
- 2012-2013: Zac Renfro, PharmD
- First position after fellowship: Community Pharmacy Liaison, GlaxoSmithKline
- Current position: Assistant Professor – Affiliate Faculty Appointment, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- 2011-2012: Courtney Smith, PharmD
- First position after fellowship: Medication Use Safety/Pharmacovigilence PGY2 Pharmacy Resident, US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Current position: Clinical Pharmacist, Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
- 2010-2011: Katherine Nola, PharmD
- First position after fellowship: Psychiatric PGY2 Pharmacy Resident, UCSF
- Current position: Clinical Interventions Pharmacist, Healthesystems
- 2009-2010: Kelly Neil, PharmD
- First position after fellowship:
- Current position: US Department of Veterans Affairs
- 2008-2009: Micah Cost, PharmD, MS
- First position after fellowship: Director of Professional Affairs, Tennessee Pharmacists Association
- Current position: Chief Executive Officer, Pharmacy Quality Alliance
- 2007-2008: Crescent Moore, PharmD, PhD
- First position after fellowship: Consultant/Assistant Professor, Lipscomb University
- Current position: Senior Health Plan Services Consultant, BluePeak Advisors