TPA Executive Fellowship in Association Management
The Tennessee Pharmacists Association Executive Fellowship in Association Management is a postgraduate training program conducted at the Tennessee Pharmacists Association headquarters under the direction of the Executive Director and TPA staff.
The purpose of this executive fellowship is to support the development of individuals interested in association management through training and experience in leadership, advocacy, professional affairs, and problem-solving at the Tennessee Pharmacists Association.
There are two open positions for the 2023-2024 Executive Fellowship program.
- 12 months, starting July through June
- Six-week orientation period to familiarize the fellow with general TPA operations
- Attend and participate in the TPA Board of Directors quarterly meetings, including the Strategic Planning Meeting
- Engage with each Society and serve as the staff liaison for student pharmacists
- Connect with key pharmacy leaders and positively impact the profession of pharmacy in Tennessee
- Promote and ensure high quality pharmacy practice in Tennessee through patient care initiatives, legislative issues and responding to the needs of practitioners
- 12-month stipend
- Medical/prescription drug/vision and dental insurance through TPA’s group plan
- 10 days of paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Life & disability insurance
- Professional development & travel/meeting financial support
- Flexibility to work remotely
- PharmD from ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy, pharmacist licensure in Tennessee, and background check.
- Doctor of Pharmacy from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy
- Pharmacist licensure in Tennessee by three months into fellowship year
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Written response to application questions:
- In less than 500 words, what personal strengths and experiences would you bring to the Tennessee Pharmacists Association? Include a description of your professional and/or community achievements and future goals.
- In less than 500 words, in your opinion, explain one or two of the most important issues facing the profession of pharmacy in your state or nationally.
Applicants: Please submit your official application to TPA@TNPharm.org with the subject: TPA Fellow Application – YOUR NAME. Each application component should be labeled as: Letter of Intent – YOUR NAME, Curriculum vitae – YOUR NAME, etc.
Letters of recommendations: Please have your letter of recommendation writers send their letter of recommendation directly to TPA@TNPharm.org with the subject: TPA Fellow Letter of Recommendation – YOUR NAME
Executive Fellowships in Association Management – State Pharmacy Associations November 14, 2022 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm CT REGISTER HERE
- 2019-2021: Alec Sain, PharmD
- First position after fellowship/Current position: Consultant Pharmacist, RHS Ventures, LLC
- 2016-2017: Aaron Garst, PharmD
- First position after fellowship/Current position: Consultant Pharmacist, Seamless Healthcare, PLLC
- 2014-2015: Lucy Shell, PharmD
- First position after fellowship: Director of Pharmacy Practice Initiatives, Tennessee Pharmacists Association
- Current position: Executive Director, Tennessee Board of Pharmacy
- 2013-2014: Stacey Grant, PharmD
- First position after fellowship: Pharmacist, Blount Discount Pharmacy
- Current position: Director Project Management, Thrive – An Exact Sciences Company
- 2012-2013: Zac Renfro, PharmD
- First position after fellowship: Community Pharmacy Liaison, GlaxoSmithKline
- Current position: Assistant Professor – Affiliate Faculty Appointment, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- 2011-2012: Courtney Smith, PharmD
- First position after fellowship: Medication Use Safety/Pharmacovigilence PGY2 Pharmacy Resident, US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Current position: Clinical Pharmacist, Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
- 2010-2011: Katherine Nola, PharmD
- First position after fellowship: Psychiatric PGY2 Pharmacy Resident, UCSF
- Current position: Clinical Interventions Pharmacist, Healthesystems
- 2009-2010: Kelly Neil, PharmD
- First position after fellowship:
- Current position: US Department of Veterans Affairs
- 2008-2009: Micah Cost, PharmD, MS
- First position after fellowship: Director of Professional Affairs, Tennessee Pharmacists Association
- Current position: Chief Executive Officer, Pharmacy Quality Alliance
- 2007-2008: Crescent Moore, PharmD, PhD
- First position after fellowship: Consultant/Assistant Professor, Lipscomb University
- Current position: Senior Health Plan Services Consultant, BluePeak Advisors