Continuing Education and Events
Each year, TPA and the Tennessee Pharmacists Research & Education Foundation (TPREF) present many live and online opportunities for pharmacists to enhance their knowledge, improve their skills, and expand their practice base. Our meetings offer CE credit and networking opportunities, and several events offer activities solely for fun and relaxation. And that’s just the beginning. Click on the links below for additional information about CE and Events offered by TPA and TPREF. TPA Events coming up next are shown at right, and you can see the full CALENDAR here.
In addition, the Tennessee Pharmacists Consortium for Education (TPCE) provides top-quality continuing education programming, serves as the ACPE-accredited provider for other organizations, and provides resources for program attendees, including online handouts, user credit transcripts, online evaluations, post-tests, completion certificates, web-based credit redemption, automated CPE processing, and user support.
|Click here for Home-Study CE opportunities|
|Contact TPCE to request ACPE accreditation for your upcoming continuing education program.|
TPA and TPREF believe in the importance of face-to-face meetings to improve patient care, strengthen careers, and advance the pharmacy profession. Education and training are extremely effective in a live setting. Face-to-face meetings facilitate the exchange of ideas and provide the human connection that powers business and builds trust and relationships.
- The TPA Summer Meeting, held each year in June or July, provides continuing education on many different health care topics, as well as great social events, information on new products and services, and an opportunity to catch up with old friends and make new connections.
- The TPREF Emerging Leaders Program (formerly the Professional Development and Leadership Conference) held each fall is tailor-made for pharmacists in their first ten years of practice who are interested in enhancing their leadership abilities. Starting in 2016, the program is being held regionally across the state.
- The Annual Tennessee Residency Showcase provides an opportunity for Tennessee’s graduating student pharmacists and residency program representatives to meet face-to-face.
- The TPA Winter Meetings, held annually in February, typically include:
- The TSSP Winter Meeting is an opportunity for student pharmacists from all Tennessee schools and colleges of pharmacy to meet each other, have fun, and gain knowledge on topics not covered in class.
- The TSHP Winter Meeting is the largest gathering of health-system pharmacists in Tennessee, and offers attendees the opportunity the enhance their knowledge, skills, and abilities to benefit their own health systems.
- The Community Pharmacy Workshop brings attendees together to discuss important topics occurring in the community pharmacy setting and find solutions to common problems.
- The TPA Winter Meeting and Legislative Conference attracts pharmacists from all practice settings to share ideas around topics related to pharmacy practice, healthcare reform, and key legislative and regulatory issues.
The following TPREF interactive training programs, offered at various times or on an ongoing basis, provide opportunities for you to gain skills and enhance your pharmacy practice. Most of these programs are offered online.
- TPREF BLS Classes (CPR)
- Pharmacist-Provided Hormonal Contraceptive Training Program
- Technician Product Verification Training Module
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery – A Certificate Program for Pharmacists
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services
- Pharmacist and Patient-Centered Diabetes Care – A Certificate Training Program
- OSHA Update: Live Training Webinar
TPA and TPREF offer numerous ongoing virtual Continuing Education opportunities for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Explore the many course offerings that are available to you, whenever and wherever you choose!