Pharmacy Practice Societies
TPA PRACTICE Societies – A Focused Approach to Membership
For pharmacists who live or work in Tennessee, TPA membership includes automatic enrollment in one of the six Societies listed below.
In addition, student pharmacist members are automatically enrolled in the Tennessee Society of Student Pharmacists (TSSP), and pharmacy technician members are automatically enrolled in the Tennessee Society of Pharmacy Technicians (TSPT).
Pharmacists Who Live or Work in Tennessee
Each of the following six Societies is dedicated to the needs and interests of pharmacists in specific types of practices. Visit their webpages for more information about each Society’s activities, goals, and leadership. Interested in more than one Society? No problem! You’re welcome to join as many Societies as you like for an additional $40 each.
- Tennessee Compounding Pharmacists Society (TCPS) – for pharmacists who seek to ensure the quality, safety, and availability of compounded medications, through communication, education, and advocacy efforts
- Tennessee Society of Chain Pharmacists (TSCP) – for pharmacists whose primary practice site is in a chain community pharmacy
- Tennessee Society of Health-System Pharmacists (TSHP) – for pharmacists whose primary practice site is in a health-system pharmacy – including hospitals
- Tennessee Society of Independent Pharmacists (TSIP) – for pharmacists whose primary practice site is in an independently-owned community pharmacy
- Tennessee Society of Long Term Care Pharmacists (TSLTCP) – for consultant pharmacists and pharmacists whose primary practice site is in a pharmacy providing services to long-term care facilities
- Tennessee Society of Pharmacists (TSP) – for pharmacists whose primary practice is not in the other practice categories. This includes, for example, pharmacists whose primary practice site is in a college of pharmacy, in the pharmaceutical industry, or in managed care