2022 Abstract Submission Rules & Format Guidelines for Students, Residents/Fellows and New Practitioners
11:59 pm CT – December 15, 2021To submit your abstract, click here.
Thank you for your interest in presenting at the 2022 TSHP Winter Meeting to be held on Sunday, February 27, 2022.
This document is to assist you in preparing your abstract submission to present a poster. To ensure that your abstract is considered for presentation, please read all instructions carefully.
Extended Deadline is December 15, 2021, 11:59 p.m. EST. No exceptions. TPA will not edit abstracts. Incomplete submissions will be deleted. Please note, you do not have to have results in order to submit. Please enter ‘Pending’ in your Results section. You will have an opportunity to update your abstract at the end of January.
- You must currently be a member of TPA. Please note that membership is complimentary for fellows and residents. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Primary Authors can only submit one abstract; however, they can be co-authors on other submitted abstracts.
- You must be able to provide a link to a virtual platform (Zoom, GoToMeeting, Webex, etc.) that will be open for two hours to present your poster, in the event we are unable to meet in person.
|Poster Abstract Submission Requirements|
Enter your poster abstract content details into the form fields on the TSHP poster presentation submission page. Only completed submissions will be included in the review process.
- First, Middle Initial (add a period), Last names, mailing address, contact information (i.e., phone and email address).
- Professional information (i.e., position/title, employer, credentials, etc.). If you are a student, please enter graduation year and school.
- Do NOT:
- Use ALL CAPS
- Place degrees in the “Last Name” field; add degrees in the credentials field
Each submission may have up to five (5) authors—the Primary Author and four (4) additional authors. The Primary Author:
- Must submit the names of additional authors by placing their names in the Additional Authors field on the submission form.
- Ensures that all authors are listed in the order in which they appear on the abstract, citation, and poster display. TPA will not add “forgotten” authors or make changes to the order of the authors.
Be sure your title accurately and concisely reflects the abstract content, as this title will be on all online and printed materials.
- Please use sentence case to format your titles. Titles in all uppercase or lowercase letters will not be accepted.
- Do NOT use proprietary (brand) names in the title.
- Use capitalized letters only for acronyms or proper nouns (e.g., countries, etc.).
- Do not use “A”, “An”, or “The” as the first word in the title.
- Title Format Examples
- Incorrect: IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERIZED PRESCRIBER ORDER ENTRY (CPOE) IN A SURGICAL UNIT: ONE YEAR LATER
- Incorrect: implementation of computerized prescriber order entry (CPOE) in a surgical unit: One year later.
- Correct: Implementation of computerized prescriber order entry (CPOE) in a surgical unit: One year later
Your entire abstract should be limited to 3,000 characters with spaces and words (example below).
|150 characters||500 characters||1,000 characters||1,000 characters||350 characters|
- Spell out:
- Special symbols ‐ Greek letters, degrees, plus and/or minus signs, greater-than or less-than signs, percentage, etc. Use standard abbreviations.
- All pharmaceutical acronyms.
- Do NOT:
- Use special functions such as tabs, underlines, trademarks, superscript, subscript, bold, or italics.
- Include graphs, tables, or illustrations in your abstract.
- Include the title or authors in the body of the abstract.
Affirmation of Content
The Primary Author must affirm the content of the submission on behalf of all authors listed on the abstract. Affirmation indicates that all co-authors are aware of the content and that an author, preferably the Primary Author, will present the poster during the meeting, if the abstract submission is accepted.
Conflict of Interest
The Primary Author must complete and electronically sign the conflict of interest agreement terms for the submission. This includes agreeing to display the disclosures on the poster display.
Responses of acceptance or denial will be emailed to the Primary Author no later than Friday, December 31, 2021.
A written notification is required by the Primary Author for all submission withdrawals. Please send your withdrawal request to email@example.com. If you withdraw after receiving your acceptance notice, we cannot guarantee that your presentation citation and/or abstract will not appear in print, on the TPA website, or in other electronic media.
Once your poster is accepted, you must register to attend the TSHP Winter Meeting by Friday, January 28, 2022. Anyone who does not register for the meeting by this date will forfeit the opportunity to present.