Tennessee Society of Student Pharmacists
Membership in the Tennessee Society of Student Pharmacists (TSSP) is automatic for TPA members enrolled in an ACPE-accredited School or College of Pharmacy. More than 1,700 student pharmacists in Tennessee are members of TPA/TSSP!
— Join TPA
— Update Your Profile
TPA/TSSP hosts events that are just FUN, as well as programs to help you become a well-connected, well-informed pharmacy practitioner and advocate for your profession and your patients. There’s no better way for you to get to know students across the state who may be your future colleagues or lifelong friends. Students in all six of Tennessee’s Colleges and Schools of Pharmacy are actively involved and well-represented in TSSP.
- Belmont University College of Pharmacy
- Gatton College of Pharmacy at East Tennessee State University
- Lipscomb University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- South College School of Pharmacy
- Union University College of Pharmacy
- University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy
Which of your classmates are representing YOU and your school in TPA/TSSP? Click here!
What Does TPA Do?
In a nutshell, TPA advocates for the health of patients and the future of the pharmacy profession in Tennessee. TPA is the only organization that represents all pharmacists and student pharmacists in the state. TSSP focuses on students, representing all student pharmacists in all Schools and Colleges of Pharmacy in Tennessee.
So, what do you get for your $20 annual membership dues? Here are just a few highlights:
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS – Serve on committees, in the House of Delegates, on the TSSP Executive Committee, or contact a Member-at-Large in your school to learn about other opportunities in TSSP. In addition, keep your eye out for TPA’s annual Emerging Leaders Program and the Tennessee Residency Showcase, both of which typically occur in late summer/early fall.
- STUDENT MEETING – Attend the TSSP Annual Meeting each February, and enjoy the company of student pharmacists from across the state.
- TPA SUMMER MEETING – This annual event is a great opportunity for student pharmacists to connect with other students and pharmacists from all practice areas across the state, pick up valuable information and practice pearls, and have some fun.
- INFORMATION – Legislative, regulatory and many other pharmacy-related updates in print, by email and online.
- DISCOUNTS – Hefty discounts for student attendance at all TPA meetings and events, as well as eligibility for Summer Meeting registration scholarships.
- AFFORDABLE MEMBERSHIP DUES – Only $20 each year you are in school.
- FREE PHARMACIST MEMBERSHIP for a full year after you graduate.
Haley Watson, PharmD Candidate
University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of PharmacyEmail (for TPA members only; login required)
Request Contact (for TPA nonmembers)
Maya Patel, PharmD Candidate
Belmont University College of PharmacyEmail (for TPA members only; login required)
Request Contact (for TPA nonmembers)
|IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT|
Dawnna Metcalfe, PharmD Candidate
ETSU Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy
|MEMBERS-AT-LARGE, Belmont University College of Pharmacy|
Rachel Milwee, PharmD Candidate
Shelby Rummage, PharmD Candidate MEMBERS-AT-LARGE, ETSU Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy
Josh Nida, PharmD Candidate
Madison Smith, PharmD Candidate MEMBERS-AT-LARGE, Lipscomb University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Aleks Grinchuk, PharmD Candidate
Sami Randlett, PharmD Candidate MEMBERS-AT-LARGE, South College School of Pharmacy
Cricket Buol, PharmD Candidate
Alexa Marsh, PharmD Candidate MEMBERS-AT-LARGE, Union University College of Pharmacy
Faith Douglas , PharmD Candidate
Emily Quintanilla, PharmD CandidateMEMBERS-AT-LARGE, University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Pharmacy
Rachel Dewey, PharmD Candidate
Will Kalada, PharmD Candidate